Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An account of my sister Suman's heart-warming effort to vitalize her new SGI district in New Delhi, India

I came to this district less than a month ago. After my first meeting it became clear to me what my mission here is. To wake up the district, connect members and leaders to the Gohonzon, connect them to Sensei and to ensure tremendous benefits for everyone. Since that day, I started chanting with the mind to understand the heart of everyone in the district, to be able to see what areas need to be challenged, to be able to form bonds with everyone so that we can work together towards this mission. All of this through trying to align myself with Sensei's heart. I started chanting regular hours everyday, reading Gosho everyday, reading Sensei's guidance to really truly see how I could make his vision mine. Everytime I felt low, I would study. I took guidance from my leaders from my previous Area and tried to really apply.

With every interaction with members/leaders and with every meeting, I was able to learn more about members, leaders, and generally the pulse of the district. I started struggling more and more in every way. The first study meeting had 4 members. I chanted that the next one should have 10 members at least, and it did. One day, as I was chanting I got a call from the MD chpt chief. He said he could feel my daimoku making a difference already. I had not told him that I was chanting for the district. He said we should together make this district strong and vibrant and connect all to Sensei.

On this sunday, I was visited by an active member. I knew her and had been chanting for her too. In the course of the visit, she shared about her prayers and asked me to chant for her. On her own, she also brought up the topic of how our district is sleepy and that it needs to be woken up. She suggested that we should chant together more often. Before I knew it, she had decided to bring together all active members to chant for the district as often as possible.

Today we had the first of those daimoku sessions. I am filled with appreciation for the Gohonzon. As a proof that our prayers are already reaching, an extremely inactive member also joined us today. (She has not attended a single meeting in a long time.) We are meeting again soon.

There is nothing that is not achievable when we put our heart to it and when we follow Sensei and pray wholeheartedly to the Gohonzon.

I am determined to show amazing actual proof by May this year.

- Suman Mishra

No comments: